The Mentorship Academy is an initiative of CNX Foundation and part of CNX’s commitment to investing in its local community. Designed for high school students who do not plan to immediately attend a four-year college, the Academy is focused on providing urban and rural youth from economically disadvantaged regional Appalachian communities with greater opportunities—helping provide these young adults a bridge to family-sustaining careers. Following the mentorship program, students will have developed new relationships with peers and business leaders across western Pennsylvania, a new excitement for the region’s career opportunities and an understanding of how to pursue those careers.
Nick Deluliis, CEO of CNX Resources Corporation, founded the Mentorship Academy in 2021 to help disadvantaged young people realize their full potential and discover opportunities for upward mobility to which they never knew they had access. Read more about Nick’s story and how the Mentorship Academy has affected students in the Washington Examiner article: An Energy Company Shows Students The Path To Prosperity.
The Mentorship Academy partners with companies and institutions across the region to showcase and inform the students of various career options available. We are proud to work alongside the following:
- Alex Paris Construction
- Builders Guild of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Bus Stops Here Foundation
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Community College of Beaver County
- Deep Well Services
- Dress For Success
- EAT Initiative
- Eaton Corporation
- Evolution Well Services
- Ferry Electric
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 5
- Iron Workers Local 3
- KML Carpenters Local 432
- Operating Engineers Local 66
- PPG Paints Arena
- Shell Polymers
- Steamfitters Local 449
Additional partners will be added as the Academy progresses. Organizations interested in hosting an Academy visit are encouraged to contact CNXMentorshipAcademy@cnx.com.
Interested in more information? Please complete the form below to learn more about ways to participate in the Academy:
Mentorship Academy Interest Form
Follow the Mentorship Academy on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn to experience the students’ journey throughout the program.
- There are no fees for students to participate in the Academy.
- The Academy addresses topics such as leadership, teamwork, resume building, career awareness, career readiness, interviewing skills, business etiquette, personal branding and social media use and development.
- The Academy serves both rural and urban 11th and 12th grade students from economically distressed school districts across SWPA.
- The Academy is for High School seniors looking for an actionable path to a life well lived and family-sustaining career opportunities in the bedrock industries of energy, manufacturing and small business.
- Academically driven students with good work ethic who exhibit a dedication to their futures but seek additional educational and vocational guidance are encouraged to apply.